[ RadSafe ] Re: References: Radiation induced immune responseDETERS spread of cancer

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 07:57:54 CDT 2006

Syd,
I did not intend this to be an ad hominem argument.
Yes, there is certainly an answer to the arguement as
to whether those who advocate low-doses to the public
believe in what they say.  Dr. Long has indicated that
he was wearing a belt of welding rods, and has stored
bags of KI, used for deicing, in his office.  Ted
Rockwell said that he goes to radon mines.  Dr. Long,
if I remember correctly, suggests that everyone get 1
to 10 rem of additional radiation every year.

My questions is how are others who truely believe in
hormesis are taking their "poison."

There is a difference between saying that a dental
x-ray is not a significant risk and advocation
radiation exposure to improve your health.  Do you
agree?

--- "Syd H. Levine" <syd.levine at mindspring.com> wrote:

> It is ad hominem argumentation on its face.  There
> is no answer to your
> question that would prove a thing.  For instance,
> how many folks would be
> able to relocate to a higher background area (job,
> family ties, family land,
> etc.)?  My guess is that proponents of radiation
> hormesis  do not worry too
> much about dental X-rays; is that the kind of answer
> that would convince you
> they mean what they say?  The bottom line is that it
> is dirty pool, and you
> know it.
>
> Syd H. Levine
> AnaLog Services, Inc.
> Phone:  (270) 276-5671
> Telefax:  (270) 276-5588
> E-mail:  analog at logwell.com
> Web URL:  www.logwell.com

May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist