[ RadSafe ] Re: Co 60 in home foundations for radiation hormesis!

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 28 12:22:46 CST 2006

Dr. Long,
I am not sure what my waistline has to do with the
question I asked you.  What do you mean by "recurring
actions?"

Nevertheless, if you are suggesting the use of Co-60
in building construction is a good idea, I would
suggest that you read the following report,
"Cancer risks in a population with prolonged low
dose-rate (gamma)-radiation exposure in
radiocontaminated buildings, 1983 – 2002," in Int. J.
Radiat. Biol., Vol. 82, No. 12, December 2006, pp. 849
– 858.

If you would like a copy, let me know.

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> Dear John,
>   Is your waistline larger than you believe healthy?
>
>   We will be healthier when options are permitted
> that do not require recurring actions, such as not
> having to give frequent thought to supplement of
> "essential trace energy" (Cameron), by ordering Co60
> or specific dose of nuclear waste in our house
> foundations.
>
>   Happy New Year, all.
>
>   Howard Long
>
> John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
>   Dr. Long,
> I think it is interesting that you promote radiation
> hormesis, but do little to increase your own
> exposure
> over the long term.
>
> --- howard long wrote:
>
> > John,
> > Thank you for the fine-tuning (0.002 rem/chest
> > x-ray over 0.001rem).
> >
> > My 3 sacks of KCl are here in my consultation
> > room, 6' away, not close enough or active enough
> > (double background at contact) to do much good. My
> > wife doesn't want them replacing the mattress (nor
> > do I).
> >
> > On them is the belt with thorium welding rods
> > giving a hormetic dose of over 0.5 rem/yr - if I
> > were to wear it, but it is too much trouble (heavy
> > and bulky).
> >
> > I am promoting an essential trace energy
> > (hormesis) experiment by Raabe et al at Carlsbad
> > Caverns or LLNL Whole Body Counting Chamber
> > (expensively very low background rad.) or in an
> > enlarged lead brick whole body counting chamber
> like
> > Helgeson Nuclear uses commercially.
> >
> > Howard Long

On Nov. 26, 1942, President Roosevelt ordered nationwide gasoline
rationing, beginning December 1.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist