AW: [ RadSafe ] Letter: Homeopathy and Hormesis

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 11:46:36 CST 2006

Rainer,
And why do you think some of the reported hormetic
results are not due to placebo effects?  It is
possible that some medical drugs may not be effective
as claimed for the same reason, i.e., a positive
placebo response rather than a cure in some
individuals.

Biology is not like physics.  Due to individual
variabilites, not everything treatment has the same
benefit.  As a scientist, I would assume that you do
not accept every report as true, whatever your belief.

Also, while you may know about the Ina and Sakai
article, others may not.  Please cite a source so that
I may find it if I wish to.

--- Rainer.Facius at dlr.de wrote:

> John:
>

> Placebo 'effects' are curative outcomes in the
> absence of pharmacologically active substances like
> this indeed in many "high potency" homeopathic
> prescriptions is the case. Hormetic effects like
> those described most recently by Ina and Sakai are
> positive and dose-dependent outcomes in the presence
> of measurable agents like low dose-rate low LET
> radiation or the numerous 'toxins' compiled by
> Calabrese.
>

> Note the decisive difference: ABSENCE vs. PRESENCE!
>

> Kind regards, Rainer

"It is not the job of public-affairs officers to alter, filter or
adjust engineering or scientific material produced by NASA's technical
staff."
MICHAEL D. GRIFFIN, NASA administrator.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS