[ RadSafe ] Can tritium produce bremsstrahlung?

Jon Stieglitz stiegli1 at msu.edu
Tue Feb 21 13:04:07 CST 2006

Could someone please tell me if a beta pancake is able to detect tritium in
any amounts?  I have heard from reputable sources that it can.  Obviously
the beta is too weak to be detected so as I understand it, the only way
would be to detect the bremsstrahlung radiation.  Is tritium energetic
enough to produce bremsstrahlung?  Can anyone tell me how much would be
needed?  I apologize if this is a stupid question but nobody has totally
answered the question to my satisfaction.

J. Stieglitz