[ RadSafe ] Need opinions

Mccormick, Luke I luke.mccormick at dhs.gov
Thu Jan 5 05:37:21 CST 2006

Complete and utter Drivel.

Subject:    [ RadSafe ] Need opinions
Author:     radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl
Date:       1/4/2006 3:38 PM

       OK on another list this was posted as an obvious attempt to
       sell something.

       I'm interested in your opinions as to the claims made etc.

       I appreciate the feedback.

       BEGIN  QUOTE

       Since September 11, 2001, there has been increased awareness of
       the
       possible disastrous disruptions that a chemical, biological, or
       nuclear  terrorist attack might cause. Although there have been
       various solutions  produced and tested for the remediation of
       chemical
       and biological  contamination, no effective solution exists for
       nuclear contamination until  now. RDS products work quickly and
       efficiently to decontaminate radioactive  areas. RDS has worked
       with
       local and state governments and developed a  "first responders'
       kit"
       which includes RDS solutions for  decontamination.  FDA has
       informed
       us that our products appear to pose  no adverse effects for use
       on
       human skin decontamination when used as  directed.
       RDS solves radiological decontamination problems through the
       use of
       our proprietary solutions. They remove radioactive
       contamination to
       acceptable levels within minutes. The solutions are water based
       and
       are  radionuclide ion-specific. Because our solutions are
       water-based,
       they do  not spread contamination. They work by dislocating
       radioactive ions enabling  them to be easily removed. Our
       solutions "free' radioactive ions from a  surface into the
       solution.
       Ions in suspension can be concentrated by being  bound to
       beads. The
       treatment solution, once processed with the "binding  beads" is
       no
       longer radioactive. It can then be recycled or disposed of as
       normal
       waste. This process provides improved decontamination, lowered
       dose
       and major cost savings.

       END QUOTE

       The web site in question is: _www.raddecon.com_
       (http://www.raddecon.com)

       Louis N.  Molino, Sr., CET
       FF/NREMT-B/FSI/EMSI
       LNMolino at aol.com
       979-690-7559  (Office)
       979-690-7562 (Office Fax)

       "A Texan with a Jersey  Attitude"

       The comments contained in this E-mail are the opinions of the
       author and the
       author alone. I in no way ever intend to speak for any person
       or
       organization that I am in any way whatsoever involved or
       associated with unless  I
       specifically state that I am doing so. Further this E-mail is
       intended only  for its
       stated recipient and may contain private and or confidential
       materials
       retransmission is strictly prohibited unless placed in the
       public domain by the
       original author.