AW: AW: [ RadSafe ] Cameron's refutation of "Alara Does Work" - Preemployment physicals

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 08:18:47 CDT 2006

Rainer,
While I do feel it is really worth my time continuing
with this discussion, I would like you to provide you
with copies of MY old radiation physicals.  They show
the overprint regarding family history of cancer,
anemia, and cataracts.  I found them while going
through my old militray medical records for
information on hearing test.

If they are not attached, let me know and I will send
them to you directly.

Have a good weekend.

--- John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Rainer,
> As I have said, I was involved with oversight of the
> medical exams.  There were other Navy officers also
> involved, and their experiences may have been
> different from mine.  Maybe the number of workers
> not
> accepted for radiation work was not significant.
> Nevertheless, I would think that even the suggestion
> of selection bias that was not corrected would call
> into question the original data set.
>
> If you wish to consider my concerns as being valid,
> that is up to you.
>
> --- Rainer.Facius at dlr.de wrote:
>
> > Dear John,
> >
> > if in fact a selection bias was operating against
> > the assignment of applicants to a nuclear
> workplace
> > by the persistent application of such "family
> > history" regulations, this indeed would render the
> > NSYW study immaterial regarding health effects
> from
> > radiation.
> >
> > The regulations which you kindly offered so far so
> > that I could study them do not mention family
> > history and others here familiar with such
> > procedures reject it as a selection mechanism
> > possibly affecting the bulk of the NSY workforce.
> > Unless I can read documents proving otherwise, I
> > prefer to discard it as an explanation for the
> > improved health status of nuclear workers.
> >
> > Kind regards, Rainer
> >
> > Dr. Rainer Facius
> > German Aerospace Center
> > Institute of Aerospace Medicine
> > Linder Hoehe
> > 51147 Koeln
> > GERMANY
> > Voice: +49 2203 601 3147 or 3150
> > FAX:   +49 2203 61970

+++++++++++++++++++
e to the x, dy dx, e to the x, dx
Tangent, Secant, Cosine, Sine
3.14159
Square Root, Cuberoot, udv
Slipstick, slideroot
NCE

Cheerleaders chant from my old undergraduate college.
-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com