AW: [ RadSafe ] request for opinions

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Wed Jul 5 13:49:22 CDT 2006

Bernard:

Very good question!

I did a quick survey of ATB survivor papers which I have in electronic form (which of course is a biased selection). Within the following papers socio-economic aspects of the analysis where recognized though usually not explicitly accounted for.

BennettFlexibleDoseResponseModelsForJapaneseATBsurvivorData_BayesianEstimationAndPredictionOfCancerRiskRadiatEnvironBiophys43(2004)233-245.pdf

FujiwaraPrevalenceOfAntiHepatitisCvirusAntibodyAndChronicLiverDiseaseAmongATBsurvivorsRadiatRes154(2000)12-19.pdf

IzumiRadiationRelatedMortalityAmongOffspringOfAtomicBombSurvivors_Ahalf-centuryOfFollw-Up_IntJCancer107(2003)292-297.pdf

KishikawaHistologicalCharacteristicsOfSkinCancerInHiroshimaAndNagasaki_BckgroundIncidenceAndRadiationEffectsIntJCancer117(2005)363-369.pdf

NakashimaEffectOfRadiationDoseOnTheHeightOfATBsurvivors_AlongitudinalStudyRadiatRes158(2002)346-351.pdf

NeriishiPersistentSubclinicalInflammationAmongAbombSurvivorsIntJRadiatBiol77(2001)475-482.pdf

YoshimotoMortalityAndCancerRiskAmongF1OffspringOfATBsurvivorsJRadiatResSuppl(1991)294-300_OCR.pdf

RERFupdate13#1(2002spring).pdf (from the RERF web site)

HTH, Rainer