[ RadSafe ] Cameron's refutation of "Alara Does Work" - Pre employment physicals

Robert J. Gunter rjgunter at chpconsultants.com
Thu Jun 29 11:10:07 CDT 2006

Having been the recipient of many pre-employment physicals (civilian rad
worker and the Navy version of the same), it has not been my experience that
a doctor has any real say in what someone will be doing.  This is aside from
the obvious case where a potential worker cannot function in a work
environment or otherwise fails the physical.

The most common failure I have seen is failure to qualify to wear a
respirator.

Robert J. Gunter, CHP
CHP Consultants
Oak Ridge, TN