[ RadSafe ] FW: Google Alert - uranium mill tailings

James Salsman james at bovik.org
Fri Mar 3 15:58:39 CST 2006

To Drs. Johnson and Franta:

Uranium miners aren't burning uranium.  Ore doesn't burn,
even when blasted with explosives.  Miners' exposure is
mostly easily filterable dusts of uranium(IV) compounds.

The uranium metalworkers at Bethlehem mills near Buffalo, on
the other hand, have complained of symptoms very similar to
those of Gulf War illness.

To everyone waxing indignant:

If I'm wrong, why aren't there any peer-reviewed medical or
scientific literature reports countering any of the nine I posted?

   http://lists.radlab.nl/pipermail/radsafe/2006-March/002278.html

Sincerely,
James Salsman