[ RadSafe ] Blood Irradiation

Dr. Sergio Faermann sergio at bgu.ac.il
Sun Mar 5 04:18:12 CST 2006

In our medical center blood irradiation ( to avoid Host VersusG raft
Disease) is performed with our medical linacs, according to the geometry
and MU's calculated by the physicists( we irradiate with 2500cgy)

I would like to know if there are specific recommendations for QA of
irrediated blood: I mean frequent checks of the right geometry of
irradiation performed by the technicians, check of the real dose
received by the blood , etc.

Are the physicists responsible for blood irradiation as part of their
duties? What detector for high doses is recommended?

Thanking you in advance

Sergio Faermann,Ph.D.