[ RadSafe ] Re: LNT= "practical" regulation? CT

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 12:21:49 CST 2006

Dr. Long,
If you believe so strongly in what you say, I would
assume that you would find the resources to get a CT
done yearly.  Do you know if Dr. Looney gets a CT scan
every year?

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> John,
>   Yearly, 10rem whole body CT is advocated by my
> friend Gerald Looney, MD PhD (radiology), who
> credits it with saving his life (from renal cancer
> removed early),
>   as he indicated on Radsafe a year ago. It has not
> been as convenient or economical for me yet.  Howard
>

> John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
>   Dr. Long,
> Are you taking 10 rem CT scans every year?
>
> --- howard long wrote:
>

> > Closer analogy than air pollution regulation (and
> > I considered being LA Public Health AP Control
> > Officer 45 years ago) should be radiation in the
> > wave length of ultra violet.
> >
> > Like ionizing radiation and unlike air pollution,
> > UV is not visible or smellable, but burns in high
> > dosage (sunburn and sunlamp overexposure) but is
> > needed in lower dosage (vitamin D absorbtion to
> > prevent osteoporosis, etc).
> >
> > Regulators, stop your lazy, frightening, horribly
> > expensive, nuclear power inhibiting LNT fraud and
> > expedite anything (like full-body CT scan) up to
> 10
> > rem/year!
> >
> > Howard Long MD MPH

"Those who corrupt the public mind are just as evil as those who steal from the public purse."
Adlai Stevenson

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist