[ RadSafe ] Re: depleted uranium cherry & battle

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Mon Mar 27 18:02:23 CST 2006

In a message dated 3/27/06 2:25:46 PM Central Standard Time,
crispy_bird at yahoo.com writes:
I certainly have no plans to
endorse any of your efforts on DU.  As a retired
military officer and American, I endorse the medical
support of our military personnel.
Thank you once more it is obvious that you and your colleagues condone the
use or uranium weapons and distribution of America's radioactive waste all over
the world. The issue is not dead at all as DOD, British, and australian
military personnel continue to use uranium munitions while refusing to provide
medical care to all casualties and while refusing to clean up all environmental
contamination caused by use of uranium weapons. I am glad that you endorse
medical care for miltary personnel.  May I assume that that means that you and other
RADSAF list participants therefore endorse full compliance with LT General
Ron Peake's attached April 29, 2004 order mandating medical care?  Do you and
your RADSAF colleagues endorse full DOD compliance with U.S. States Army
Regulation 700-48 that mandates thorough environmental remediation in section 2-4 and
medical care in section 2-5?  Will you and all other RADSAF participants help
the DU casualties obtain already mandatory but denied and delayed medical
care?

It is obvious from your comment quote "However, I think your politically
driven agenda on DU is a nucance" end quote that you do not understand that my
quest is simply for full compliance with Army regulations and orders that require
DOD officials provide medical care and clean up all environmental
contamination. Sadly these orders and regulations have been and still are ignored by DOD,
MOD, AND, and NATO officials.  My assigned miltary duties/tasks that began
with my assignment to the Gulf War 1 DU team health physicist, preparation of
numerous reports, and then as the U.S. Army's DU project director were to ensure
that (1) medical care is provided, (2) environmental remediation is
completed, and (3) education (knowledge) and training (vocational sills) are fulfilled.
If you are a retired miltary officer then you must understand that any
violation of U.S. Army Regulation 700-48 and any violation LTG Peake's order are
absolutely unacceptable and are not allowed.

THAT IS NOT A POLITICAL AGENDA.

doug rokke