[ RadSafe ] Dirty Bomb Material Crosses Border

BLHamrick at aol.com BLHamrick at aol.com
Wed Mar 29 21:00:51 CST 2006

The actual GAO report states, in a footnote that "None of these documents
were available on NRC's Web site," in reference to their statement that they
found "two NRC documents and a few examples of the documents by searching the
Internet," so I would tend to doubt the statement that they found the NRC
license template on the NRC website.

Also, the report states that the suppliers were "not required to ask the
buyer to produce an NRC document when making the purchases," and while it
doesn't state outright that they didn't do this, it certainly is implied that  they
did not.

I would be very cautious about accepting a verbal account of the
transactions, and, instead rely on the official report of the GAO.

Barbara

In a message dated 3/29/2006 6:53:25 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,