[ RadSafe ] Re: depleted uranium cherry & battle

Mercado, Don don.mercado at lmco.com
Thu Mar 30 13:54:05 CST 2006

Dlind49 at aol.com wrote:

> This is about getting medical care for all
> casualties  and getting
> environmental contamination cleaned up as required
> by U.S. Army Regulations 700-48 and
> numerous orders. That is simply doing what is
> required and what is right. Those
> actions are not optional but mandatory.  I would
> think that even you must
> agree that mandatory actions should be completed.

I'm not sure why he keeps waiving 700-48 around. It is a logistics
regulation addressing handling of contaminated equipment. It has been
clearly shown that it doesn't apply, and contains no mandatory
environment cleanup requirements. At least he's consistent with his
errors.

Actually, I do realize what he's up to. Promotion of his politically
motivated single issue agenda. How much income are you making off this
issue?

>THAT IS NOT A POLITICAL AGENDA.

HEY DOUG! YELLING DOESN'T MAKE IT TRUE, JUST LOUDER!

I just found out that the Army JAG has formally established that the
Army, in
accordance with Geneva Conventions and historic precedence, is not
responsible for battlefield cleanup in foreign lands. The national
government with jurisdiction has responsibility under internationally
accepted "laws" of warfare. This is not to say that Uncle Sam won't
help out, (like we did in Europe and Japan after WWII) only that he
doesn't have to and, if he chooses to do so, a different Federal agency
will do it, not DOD. (Thank you to the person who sent this information
to me.)

Doug, what do you think this kind of fabrication does to your
credibility and to those who quote or encourage you? What? You don't
care as long as the guest-lecturer fees keep rolling in? I see.

Ok, I'm not going to feed the troll any more.