[ RadSafe ] Re: depleted uranium cherry & battle

Neill Stanford stanford at stanforddosimetry.com
Thu Mar 30 14:28:26 CST 2006

Doug Rokke and his followers are fanatics. I have seen him speak, spoken
with him, emailed with him and finally with his followers. They are
completely single- and closed-minded on this issue. Any argument or plea for
reason is tossed aside as coming from someone who is brain washed and
financially tied to Rokke's enemy. Health physicist are seen as proponents
of irradiation, not radiation safety professionals.
When I made the mistake of responding to Rokke's pleas for "information", I
received piles of personal attacks, cc'd to a large list of his followers.
What began as a reasonable exchange, where I felt I might actually provide
some basis for understanding the relative danger of the radiological
compared to chemical toxicity (quotes from IAEA and WHO documents, for ex.),
I got attacked. My website was scoured and reported on "Just have a look at
his client list! Weapons facilities and nuke plants. It is obvious where his
motivation comes from. He is one of them." And their evidence is things
like: "...soldiers' wives complaining of a burning sensation during
intercourse". Never any numbers, any test results. Like the news
"documentary" in the mid 80's about TMI. Giant dandelions and cats with
brain damage, must be the radiation.

It is very frustrating trying to communicate with this group. My advice is
to monitor your frustration level, pull out when it gets too much. I can
thank Bob Cherry for helping me see how futile it is trying to reason with
Rokke et al. I can tell you with confidence that there is no amount of
evidence or fact that will break through to what is left of Doug Rokke's
ability to reason.

Neill Stanford, CHP
Stanford Dosimetry, LLC NEW ADDRESS Feb 27
2315 Electric Ave.
Bellingham, WA 98229

www.stanforddosimetry.com
360 527-2627 (voice)