[ RadSafe ] Re: depleted uranium cherry & battle

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 31 16:22:03 CST 2006

Why are you sending this to me?  Is it because no one
else believes you or cares about your cause?

I guess you live by the saying, "If you cannot impress
them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t."

http://www.deploymentlink.osd.mil/du_library/pdfs/policy_oif_053003.pdf

(http://www.traprockpeace.org/du_mod_warning_cards.html).

(http://www1.va.gov/environagents/docs/Gulf_War_Review_October_2004.pdf
> ) " that only 270
> individuals have ever been tested for DU exposure
> since 1992. That is simply only a
> fraction of the names I submitted, only a fraction
> of those identified
> individuals that President Bill Clinton's staff was
> told should be provided testing
> and care, and only a very small fraction of those
> who should be provided
> medical care as required by current and previous DOD
> orders and regulations.
>

> WHAT IS DU?
>
> Depleted uranium (DU) which is 99.8% by mass U-238
> is made from uranium
> hexaflouride, the byproduct of the uranium
> enrichment process. Recent documents
> released by the U.S. Department of Energy and the
> 1995 U..S. Army Environmental
> Policy Institute reports state that a small
> proportion of other toxic heavy
> metals and radioactive isotopes such as plutonium,
> neptunium, americium, and
> U-236 also are present.  Although the 60 % of the
> ionizing radiation given off by
> gamma emissions from U-235 and U-234 was eliminated
> during the enrichment
> process, alpha particles at 4.2 Mev and 4.15 Mev
> that cause significant internal
> ionization with consequent cellular damage were
> proportionally increased and
> gamma and beta emissions from contaminants and
> daughter products still are
> present.  The continuing incomplete statement that
> DU is 60% less radioactive than
> natural uranium simply ignores the serious internal
> damage caused by alpha
> particles that impact any cell!  Alpha particle
> emission measurements show that
> the dose or exposure rate is in excess of 10000
> counts per minute.  DU is a
> serious internal hazard.  Consequent inhalation,
> ingestion, and wound
> contamination pose significant and unacceptable
> health risks due to direct cell damage
> from alpha and beta particle and gamma ray
> emissions.
=== message truncated ===

"We fear things in proportion to our ignorance of them."
Titus Livius
-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist