AW: [ RadSafe ] Nuke meltdown may have caused cancers

Jaro jaro-10kbq at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 9 19:25:56 CDT 2006

Radionuclide releases following fuel melting are directly related to the
fuel burn-up.
Experimental reactors (of which SRE was one) typically have burn-ups that
are only a tiny fraction of what is achieved in commercial power reactors
(of which TMI-2 was one).
Thus without knowing any of the details, I would guess that its highly
unlikely that the SRE melting incident caused anywhere near as much
radionuclide release as the TMI accident.

Odd too, that none of my textbooks mention SRE.... Must have been pretty
short-lived.

 Jaro