AW: [ RadSafe ] dose RATE is the decisive variable

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Sat Sep 2 04:17:00 CDT 2006

Dear Prof. Raabe:

Thank you for that reminder (and the boost to my literacy :-). Though you apparently detected the ramifications of this fundamental principle quite some time ago, this time the data pertain directly to human cancer mortality (which of course I would expect to display the same regularities). Incidentally, Gregoire&Cleland cite two of the articles in your list:

Raabe, O.G. (1987) Three-dimensional dose-response models of competing risks and natural life span. Fundamental and Applied Toxicology 8: 465 473.
Raabe, O.G. (1994) Three-Dimensional Models of Risk from Internally Deposited Radionuclides, Chapter 30, pp. 663-656 in Internal Radiation Dosimetry (O.G. Raabe, Ed.), Medical Physics Publishing, Madison, WI.

I would appreciate to receive (electronic) copies of as many of the papers from your list as you have available.

Thank you in advance and best regards, Rainer

Dr. Rainer Facius
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Aerospace Medicine
Linder Hoehe