[ RadSafe ] Nuclear power in Hawaii?

Ed Hiserodt hise at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 2 16:50:34 CDT 2007

If Toshiba indeed increases the capacity of their (proposed) 4S reactor to
30 MWe, 60 of these would replace existing capacity with others networked in
as demand increased.  I can't find any plan view to see what acreage
requirement there would be (along with the obligatory area for anti-nuclear
protesters), but in my imagination we're talking about very little above
ground... maybe a couple of acres.  Of course Hawaii doesn't offer as good a
heat sink as Galena AK, so maybe they can turn up the heat on the sodium by
a few degrees.

Ed Hiserodt