[ RadSafe ] Wind Farms

NeilKeeney at aol.com NeilKeeney at aol.com
Sat Apr 14 07:32:05 CDT 2007

Maury, dog, Stewart:

I could use a good laugh now.  If you still have the LOBA  piece laying
around collecting Trons, let's have it again Stewart.

As an aside, while I was working a contract at Detroit  Edisons Fermi plant
on Lake Erie, I noted the predominance of nearly gale force  winds at the site.
 During the post-9/11 dramatizations by Security Weanies  everywhere, the
exclusion zone around the plant, on the lake side, was extended  out to one-mile
into Lake Erie, a "no-go" zone for boaters, fishermen or similar  species.
Strangely, there were no signs or notices forbidding Al Qaida  (sp) operatives
or terrorists from the region, you just couldn't fish  there...

As I observed all this, it occurred to me that the area out in  the lake
would make an ideal wind farm.  But, the site also had a  population of raptors
(hawks, eagles) that would have effectively eliminated the  prospect...  The
State had been pushing for diversification in energy; but  I don't think they
would have been capable of confronting local  environmentalists to reconcile the
issues...  Too bad too.  I think it  would have been a very good site for the
application...

I like birds, I love nuclear, and think other forms of  green-power
generation are a fun game, sorta like tinkering with a model  (the parts and pieces
kind) in the garage; you wanna see if you can make  all the parts fit and have it
work cause then you will have  won...

Neil Keeney
RRPT

A number  of friends and I will never forget your LOBA satire -- that was
great  satiric humor. And if one closes their eyes, prop your feet up
with a good  cup of coffee, then the pictures one conjures up are
absolutely fabulous!  I thanked you then and I'm still grateful for that
piece!
Best,
Maury&Dog