[ RadSafe ] Truck Driver Charged With Lying AboutRadioactive Cargo

Bryan Kirk Bryan-Bionomics at comcast.net
Fri Aug 31 13:39:11 CDT 2007

>From the original posting,
"Randall U. Kubsh, 53, is charged with two counts of lying, to the FBI
and U.S. Department of Transportation, according to an indictment handed
down this week. If convicted, he faces up to 10 years in prison, but
it's unlikely he will get that much time."

Sorry Steven,

Maybe I'm misreading your comments below, but you appear ready to blame
everyone else, the media, the NRC, and the "eff bee eye". When you
mentioned "employers fault" I took it to mean you think it's was their
fault too (that he lied).

"It's easy to believe that things are not quite as they appear. The
press is incompetent and scientifically illiterate. The NRC undoubtedly
wants to look like a bunch of swaggering tough guys who will throw the
book at anyone who dares to cross it. It's a sorry state of affairs all
the way around."

"True on both counts. Have you noticed how the FBI is busy sticking its
nose in everywhere? Funny though how it ignored reports from flight
schools about suspicious people who only wanted to know how to fly
airplanes, not how to get them off the ground and land them. I wonder
how that happened."

"I don't mean this against you Clayton -- I wonder if they can't get a
straight answer, or if it is a matter of they can't get the driver to
admit to some clever lie they have concocted. I wonder if the eff bee
eye video taped the interrogation, and if so, I wonder if the tapes are
available to anyone other than the "authorities."

Sorry if my training comment was "notably dumb" but in your world where
everyone is out to get you, it seemed to fit.

Bryan Kirk