[ RadSafe ] a question about 'canary' personal dosimeters

Nick Tsurikov nick.tsurikov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 01:49:07 CST 2007

Dear friends,
A weird thing happened today - I've had the canary detector right next to my
Nokia cell phone and when it rung the detector went berserk (counted about
100 microSv in about 10 seconds - before I've answered the call).  Tried it
on purpose afterwards - the same story but another ringing cell phone next
to canary produced no effect...
Has anyone seen anything like that before?  Should I tell people to whom I'm
giving the dosimeters not to have close to the cell phone?
Kind regards
Nick Tsurikov
Eneabba, Western Australia