[ RadSafe ] Massive Offshore Wind Turbines Safe for Birds

Neill Stanford stanford at stanforddosimetry.com
Tue Feb 13 11:54:10 CST 2007

Jeff,
There is a very low probability of killing gulls (the birds that we refer to
as seagulls) with offshore turbines in any case because most types rarely go
further than a couple of miles out unless they are chasing/meeting a smelly
or touristy boat. Really more of a "flying rat of the shore," not ocean.
It is the far more popular pelagic (shearwater, petrel, albatross) and
migratory birds that need to (and apparently do) avoid the offshore farms.

Neill Stanford, CHP
Stanford Dosimetry, LLC
(360) 527 2627
(360) 715 1982 (fax)