AW: AW: [ RadSafe ] Nambia [sic] - Nuclear Power links /Typos/& Manners

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Mon Jan 15 16:48:23 CST 2007

Dear Dough and all those engaged or interested in this exchange of opinions,

Thank you so much for your signature "Doug (just having fun)" and your
open for some humour and putting things into perspective.

Thanks to everybody who gave me a lecture in English. I wrote that I am
always eager to learn. Of course I intended to write "reveal". Everybody on
RADSAFE should have a high enough IQ to find out that English is not my
mother tongue or probably understand that the ".at" at the end of my e-mail
address stands for Austria which should not be confused with Australia.
T-shirts are sold in Vienna to tourists with the slogan "Austria, No
Cangaroos".

I do not understand how somebody can find out about "nature of the authors
of books" by reading them (Bob Gallagher), but if you would refer to books
for which I have been a co-editor you could easily find out that I am an
expert in LSC. Quite interesting (and "revealing") that according to my
stored RADSAFE mails Bob Gallagher hardly participates in RADSAFE technical
discussions, except one a few years ago where he stated that the
introduction of SI-Units in the USA is not necessary, because people in the
USA are used to the pCi, mCi, MCi etc. What a point of view!

Syd Levine: The group might be interested into the reliability of a person
who has weeks or even months before his travel made appointments with me and
has not even bothered to cancel them, but only wrote an e-mail weeks after
that event. I think that reliability of a company is a big factor in
deciding which services to order. Regarding my English - see my above
comments. I am well aware that I am not a native English speaker as you
should know, but I would wish you that you spoke half as well German as I
speak German, English, Swedish and French.

Finally I refer to the comment of Sandy Perle on my message, which reads
"the all important country of Namibia". I think that it does not need a
native speaker to understand that this is a very humiliating comment on a
developing country.

Please send any flames to my private address, unless you feel your flaming
will gain you extra values at your job.

Best wishes

Franz