[ RadSafe ] Equal time - a negative view on Nuclear

Sandy Perle sandyfl at cox.net
Tue Jan 23 15:42:14 CST 2007

On 22 Jan 2007 at 19:44, Ruth Sponsler wrote:

> Who is Jim Bell and why is he requesting his material
> to be posted to Radsafe?
>
> Such material is easily available on the internet, and
> I'm sure that almost all the members of this list have
> been heavily exposed to such opinions during their
> college years and while reading newspapers etc.

Hi Ruth,

Your points are well taken. The primary reason I went ahead and posted the information was
because of all the pro-nuclear and nuclear renaissance, as well as concerns raised by the
current NRC Chair. Otherwise, I agree that the posting would not add any value to the
dialogue.

On another issue, Marshall Reber and I have corresponded and I definitely concur that I
should have put Mr. Bell's entire article in quotes to categorically make it understood that all
of the posting was his beliefs, and not mine. I treated this posting as other news postings,
and don't use quotes. I do however understand that this is not a case of posting a news
article from the wire services, and, should have used the quotes. However, my pro-nuclear
support should not have been questioned, as was the case in one posting. My 35+ years
supporting the nuclear option is well documented and I apologize to nobody regarding that.

Regards,

Sandy

Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714  Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at cox.net

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/