[ RadSafe ] Tungsten; birth defects

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Mon Jan 29 19:57:58 CST 2007

Jan. 29

         You have not been following the literature on tungsten.  If you
had you would know that it is not nearly as effective a weapon as is
depleted uranium.  When tungsten goes through armor (or tries to go through
it) it forms a mushroom head and doesn't travel very far.  DU is
self-sharpening --- it maintains a point --- and it is pyrophoric as well.

         Have you been following the literature on birth
defects?  Yesterday you wrote, "The fact remains that the number of birth
defects in the children of combat-deployed male U.S. and U.K. 1991 Gulf War
troops has been rising sharply, from 180% above the non-combat troops from
the same era in 2000, to 220% in 2003."

         I asked you, "What is the primary source material for your 180%
and 220% figures?  Not Power Point or slide shows, PRIMARY source material."

         Instead of telling us how much you allegedly know about tungsten,
why don't you substantiate your claim about alleged increases in birth
defects?

Steven Dapra
sjd at swcp.com