[ RadSafe ] The cost of irrational fear

Doug Aitken jdaitken at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Tue Jul 3 13:22:44 CDT 2007

At 12:46 PM 7/3/2007, John Jacobus wrote:
>And yet, despite all of the terrible things the
>anti-nuclear people say; the ICRP, NCRP, etc. publish;
>the fear-mongering of the professional societies; the
>BEIR reports; ALARA; the LNT; Mangano and Sternglass;
>etc., we still have nuclear power and will be building
>more plants.  Isn't that amazing!
>
>Maybe the concerns of some on this list are misplaced.

I think it might be better to say "we may be building more plants, in spite
of ridiculous costs incurred by meeting the requirements and regulations
generated by all the fear-mongers, politicians and their ass-covering
bureaucratic minions...."

Or is that a little too direct?
;~)
Regards
Doug (personal observation only: does NOT reflect the opinions or position
of the companies I may advise......)

Doug Aitken                     Office Phone Use Cell phone!
QHSE Advisor                    Home Phone 713 797-0919
D&M Operations Support  Cell Phone    713 562-8585
Schlumberger Technology Corporation