[ RadSafe ] International Shipment Regs for RAM

Cehn at aol.com Cehn at aol.com
Fri Jun 15 11:38:57 CDT 2007

The IAEA regs for international shipments are in IAEA TSR-1 (2005).   For low
activity shipments, there are exempt limits for concentration and per
consignment (page 23).  I'm assuming both limits need to be met for the  shipment to
be exempt from rad controls.  My management is telling me only  one limit
needs to be met, the other can be exceeded and the shipment is still  exempt.
Can someone back me up on this (if I'm right) or set me straight  (if I'm
wrong.)

Joel I. Cehn, CHP
_joelc at alum.wpi.edu_ (mailto:joelc at alum.wpi.edu)