[ RadSafe ] Re: Change of topic: example of how news stories affect the public

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 15:35:03 CDT 2007

Sad story, but an old one.  Did they win the law suit?

--- Sandy Perle <sandyfl at cox.net> wrote:

> John,
>
> YOUR QUESTION:
>
> Sandy, Do you have any examples of how these story
> affect the
> public.  Sure, they may "tick" you and others off,
> but
> exactly who, besides the people on this list server
> give a d***?
>
> MY RESPONSE:
>
> Two sets of parents who filed a lawsuit in Florida
> (public knowledge), each
> couple with one of their children who developed a
> childhood cancer.  One of
> the children died from that cancer.
>
> The Tooth Fairy people have held public forums and
> the like in Florida,
> received press there and nationally.
>
> As part of those lawsuits, the Sr-90 emissions from
> the FPL plants were
> cited as a culprit.
>
> While I do not have proof that the misinformation
> from the RPHP Tooth Fairy
> Project folks was the impetus for their lawsuits,
> they very likely were.
> Reason: those children had the expected background
> Sr-90 in their baby
> teeth, certainly tested by RPHP.
>
> Besides the tragedy of the one cancer death and the
> one cancer incidence,
> the other tragedy is that these people may have been
> given false hope that
> the cause of those cancers was Sr-90 via the baby
> teeth collection and
> analysis efforts of the RPHP people.
>
> Such lawsuits were predicted by some of us...
>
> Regards,
>
> Sandy

> Sander C. Perle
> President
> Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
> 2652 McGaw Avenue
> Irvine, CA 92614
>
> Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
> Fax:(949) 296-1144
>
> E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
> E-Mail: sandyfl at cox.net
>
> Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/

“All men dream, but not equally. Some dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds and wake in the day to find it is vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.”
Seven Pillars of Wisdom by T. E. Lawrence

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com