[ RadSafe ] The sky is falling!

Flanigan, Floyd Floyd.Flanigan at nmcco.com
Tue Mar 20 13:50:13 CDT 2007

There is, of course, something to be said for being fore-warned but, it
is the motive of those doling out the warnings which interests me the
most. Are they truly trying to be helpful or just to be 'right'? I could
sit back and predict that every conceivable event will happen tomorrow.
Without question, in at least some instances each day, I would be right.
Every day, at least some percentage of my predictions would come true.
If one is to become the world's greatest prognosticator, one has only to
predict everything will happen ... eventually. Personally, I choose to
ignore the present data-set on weather. We have a sampling consisting of
100 years give or take. The weather has been in constant flux for say
... several billion years. That would be like polling the body
temperature of the family of 6 that lives next door and claiming that I
have established the baseline by which all other humans on the planet
should have their body temperature weighed against. There is nowhere
near enough data points collected to establish any meaningful trends to
establish if there is or is not global warming.

Just my take on it. I could be wrong. I've been wrong before ... once
... I think it was on a Wednesday ...... :-)

Floyd W. Flanigan B.S.Nuc.H.P.