[ RadSafe ] Interlocks - Any relevant ANSI Standards

Sandy Perle sandyfl at cox.net
Wed Mar 21 12:54:25 CDT 2007

Pete,

Some additional references that may be helpful (many of those in working
group process are revisions to existing standards).

N43.5 Radiation Safety for the Design of Radiographic & Radioscopic
Industrial X-ray Equipment (Standard published 2005) K. Dieter Markert ,
John Taschner

N43.7 Safe Design & Use of Self-contained, Dry Source Storage Gamma
Irradiators (Category I) (Standard is under development.) Eric Beers

N43.9 Radiological Safety for the Design & Construction of Apparatus for
Gamma Radiography (Standard is under development.) R. D. (Donny) Dicharry

N43.10 Safe Design & Use of Panoramic, Wet Source Storage Gamma Irradiators
(Category IV) and Panoramic, Dry Source Storage Gamma Irradiators (Category
II)
(Standard distributed with a July 2001 HPS Newsletter as ANSI/HPS
N43.10-2001.) Eric Beers, Vincent Foerst

N43.11 Safe Operating Practice for Industrial X-ray Radiographic Equipment
(Standard is under development.) William Morris, Maj. William Hoak

Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
Tel: (949) 419-1000 Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/
Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/