[ RadSafe ] New cancer weapon: nuclear nanocapsules thank you

parthasarathy k s ksparth at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 2 23:13:28 CDT 2007

Dear John,

Thank you for the information. While briefing the press some media savvy  scientists have a way of making claims; the uninitiated reporter will lap it up. Such tendencies need correction.

When India claimed  designing and operating a fast reactor with a few hundred  gms of U-233, similar claims were made. " First in the world' is a bit of a "cliche". I reminded one colleague that US DOE had a few tons of the stuff made a few decades ago!

I agree 'nano technology" has become a band waggon for many! It is a passing phase. Breakthroughs in radiotherapy and radio diagnosis may be a bit far off.

Regards
K.S.Parthasarathy