[ RadSafe ] " Homeland Security Chief Sees Nuclear ForensicOffice as Attack Deterrent "

Brunkow, Ward ward.brunkow at wipp.ws
Wed Sep 19 12:39:05 CDT 2007

This problem is complacency in this country. It will take a major
catastrophic event to get people to rally on this issue and fund it. I
guess we are in the complacency stage of our great democracy...200 +
years and counting. Ex.  - a new item today totally dominates the news
media..something about OJ...orange juice?? Or something. When we have
hundreds of thousands of troops in harms way and the friendly terrorist
is planning a major event. I think it is more important than ever to
belong and support the professional societies...ANS, HPS etc.  At least
the work of the subcommittees is accomplishing something, I still run
into people in our field who don't belong or it took them 15 years to
sign up. Get out to your school and give a talk...education is maybe all
we have to rely on.

W. G. (Ward) Brunkow
U.S. DOE Contractor