[ RadSafe ] Fwd: ruling out uranium vapor with x-rays

Peter Bossew peter.bossew at jrc.it
Thu Apr 17 02:27:46 CDT 2008

Sorry but that reply proves that THERE IS emotion on both sides. One may
think differently about the tactics of using pseudonyms, but Salsman /
Blane has put forward his points in a quiet and polite tone; he may be
wrong but this is certainly not obvious at first glance (at least not
for somebody who is not engaged in U research) and disproving him
requires arguments, but not polemic.

Arguing in the DU case may already be boring to US scientists,
understandably given the ideologically loaded debate which often appears
inaccessible to rational arguments, but as far as I can see from a
distance Salsman / Blane tries to defend his position in a civilized and
rational manner. That should be appreciated.
For those in other parts of the world who have not been "blessed" (yet
?) with the DU debate, at least not in a similarly ideological /
emotional / hysterical way, the discussion is quite instructive.

Reserving the claim of science to oneself (while maybe true in this
particular case) is highly ideological, and not good style, I think.

regards,
Peter

--

Peter Bossew

European Commission (EC)
Joint Research Centre (JRC)

TP 441, Via Fermi 1
21020 Ispra (VA)
ITALY

Tel. +39 0332 78 9109
Fax. +39 0332 78 5466
Email: peter.bossew at jrc.it

WWW: http://rem.jrc.cec.eu.int

"The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any
circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European
Commission."