[ RadSafe ] Sm- 147 Question

Marcel Schouwenburg M.Schouwenburg at tudelft.nl
Fri Aug 1 13:18:32 CDT 2008

Dear RadSafers,

This message is forwarded by me (Marcel Schouwenburg) to the list on
behalf of Lorraine Marceau-Day ( weihsung at lsu.edu ) since it was
filtered out by the server (it contained an image).

Please respond to her and/or the list and not to me.

With kind regards,

Marcel Schouwenburg
RadSafe Moderator & Listowner

----------------

Every good health physicist knows that Sm-147 is radioactive, makes up
15% of natural samarium, and emits a 2.25 MeV alpha.  Question can this
energy alpha be surveyed with reasonable efficiency with typical alpha
survey instruments?  Kindly send responses directly to Max Scott

At the following address:  lscott6 at lsu.edu

Thanks in advance

Lorraine

M. Lorraine Marceau-Day, Ph.D.,
Safety Program Administrator
Center for Advanced Microstructures and Devices
Louisiana State University
6980 Jefferson Highway
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
Phone: 225-578-4616