[ RadSafe ] NYC permitting of detectors: NYPD proposes some changes.

Clayton J Bradt cjb01 at health.state.ny.us
Mon Feb 11 08:23:06 CST 2008

Any alarms to date have been, necessarily false alarms.  The number of
alarms to which NYPD and FDNY have responded to is unknown to me, but I am
certain that the vast majority are self-generated.  I can't think of any
reason why institutions with active monitoring programs (i.e. licensees)
would report any alarms to the police.

Clayton J. Bradt
Assistant Bureau Director
BERP
NYS Dept. of Health
518-402-7550

             John Jacobus
             <crispy_bird at yaho
             o.com>                                                     To
                                       Steven Dapra <sjd at swcp.com>,
             02/10/2008 11:20          Clayton J Bradt
             AM                        <cjb01 at health.state.ny.us>,
                                       radsafe at radlab.nl
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [ RadSafe ] NYC permitting of
                                       detectors: NYPD proposes some
                                       changes.

I am not sure if this question was asked or answered, but now many false
alarms have the NYC authorities responded to?  I am referring to those that
they did not generate themselves, e.g. transportation of nuclear medicine
doses.

Steven Dapra <sjd at swcp.com> wrote:
Feb. 4

To express it in a way that may be more elegant, the law is still
unnecessary, and it still gives government too much power.

Steven Dapra

At 10:57 AM 2/4/08 -0500, Clayton J Bradt wrote:

>NYPD is drafting some changes in the proposed law and has drafted proposed
>regs. Below are the most relevant passages. I don't know if these have
>been posted anywhere, I couldn't find them on the City Council web site,
so
>I'm just posting excerpts.

[edit]

>As originally written, the law was outrageous and stupid. Now its just
>stupid.
>
>Clayton J. Bradt
>Assistant Bureau Director
>BERP
>NYS Dept. of Health
>518-402-7550

"If history teaches any lesson it is that no nation has an inherent right
to greatness. Greatness has to be earned and continually re-earned."
- Norman Augustine, Chairman of the National Academies Committee

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail: crispy_bird at yahoo.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It is intended only for the addressee.  If you received this in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not distribute, copy or use it or any attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.