[ RadSafe ] Wag the dog

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 20:58:40 CST 2008

Jeff,
  Well stated.

Jeff Terry <terryj at iit.edu> wrote:
  When faced with self-preservation, some will stand and fight, some
will run, and some will capitulate.

Rational people can disagree when ones self-preservation is
threatened. Rational people can disagree with the choice of action.

If you don't like the group charged with making this decision for the
United States of America, there are two possibilities. One, if you are
a citizen of the United States you can vote for another group of
people to make this decision. Second, whether or not you are a citizen
of the United States, you can try to overthrow the group of people who
currently make this decision.

Arguing against current U. S. policy on RadSafe, will help you
accomplish neither of the two possibilities. Arguing for current U. S.
policy on RadSafe, will not help you to keep the current policies in
place.

As tired as I am already of this thread, I am thankful that there are
those out there that have ensured our ability to have this
conversation, including those sent to die by the representatives,
senators, and presidents that I have voted for over my lifetime.

Ultimately, I, others who vote, and maybe even more importantly those
that don't vote are accountable for the policies of my government as
we still have the freedom to choose those who make this decision in
our stead.

So John, I hope that answers your question of who is accountable and
who should be held accountable.

Jeff

On Feb 10, 2008, at 2:15 PM, John Jacobus wrote:

> In times of war, old men send young men to die. And who will be
> held accountable?
> -- John

"If history teaches any lesson it is that no nation has an inherent right to greatness.  Greatness has to be earned and continually re-earned."
- Norman Augustine, Chairman of the National Academies Committee

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com