SV: [ RadSafe ] I-131 Patients and Taxi driver

Sandy Perle sandyfl at
Wed Feb 13 19:39:31 CST 2008

I had a similar, but not completely situation. I was contacted by the
Property Manager for the NCIS series and requested to provide dosimeters for
one of their episodes where an individual was intentionally poisoned and did
subsequently die. He sent me the script and asked for a review, which I did.
While accurate in many respects, there were some errors, but not
significant. The writers elected not to make the script changes. In the
meantime, our badges were worn and displayed in various scenes. I learned
that the TV writers were interested in facts and did make an effort to
provide accurate information. In this case, it was not about sensationalism
at all.

Sander C. Perle
Mirion Technologies, Inc., Dosimetry Service Division
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 ext 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

Global Dosimetry Website:
Mirion Technologies Website: