[ RadSafe ] HAARPy Rosalie and EMPs

Richard D. Urban Jr. radmax at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 31 14:54:08 CDT 2008

Maybe not trivial Mike, but they (Iran) have already accomplished it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahab-3       2,200 lbs to 1300 miles, portable launcher

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghadr-110   potentially 3000km, 30 minute setup, also portable launcher

In 1963, the former USSR fielded the R-21 submarine launched ICBM with a 1 Mt warhead weighing 1.2 tons, just over the Shahab-3 capacity... I imagine it weighs alot less without the re-entry shielding.  By 1980, the Sov's had a 500 Mt device weighing ONLY 0.45 tons with re-entry shielding.   http://www.russianspaceweb.com/rockets_slbm.html

It's starting to sound very credible to me.   Again it may be trivial compared to Russian or US capabilities, but a match can do just as much damage as a blowtorch...

Radmax