[ RadSafe ] chemical form of industrial irradiation sources

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Mon Jun 30 14:08:57 CDT 2008

Thank you Doug for providing the ISO and the US regulations. I do not know the details of the regulations in the European Union, but it seems very unlikely to me that metallic Co-60 (and Ir-192) would not need an encapsulation. The Austrian Standard I mentioned is without doubt consistent with the ISO standard, especially in classification of the sources, but my involvement in this standard has been many years ago, so I do not remember all details.

Best regards,

Franz