[ RadSafe ] DHS Tests of Radiation Detectors WereInconclusive, Report Says

Doug Aitken jdaitken at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Thu Mar 6 15:44:50 CST 2008

Jeff:
Of course calibration is required.

But there is a difference between calibrating against standard reference
sources and being told what will be used in the "test" and optimizing
performance to detect it.....

The implication is that the latter "technique" was used.

However, if you have more detailed information on the methodology used, (as
I guess you are probably working in the detector division of ThermoFisher),
we would be interested to hear it.

BTW, we have just purchased a bunch of your Packeye Backpacks (for hunting
Ambe and Cs-137 sources in the event that they were ever lost), so I guess I
could be considered an "interested bystander"!

Regards
Doug
Doug Aitken     Cell phone: 713-562-8585
QHSE Advisor
D&M Operations Support
Schlumberger Technology Corporation
300 Schlumberger Drive
Sugar Land TX 77030

Home office: 713-797-0919  Home Fax: 713-797-1757