[ RadSafe ] Intervenors in Florida Nuclear Plant Send out Warning

Roger Helbig rhelbig at california.com
Sun Mar 9 18:11:19 CDT 2008

>From the other side - in case any of you are interested

Hi All,

The article copied below and previously distributed through E advocacy is
from Nucleonic's Week,  a nuclear industry publication.

The information included in the article regarding cost is interesting though
not totally accurate.

What is very important to be understood is that this article does not
mention the only anti-nuclear, pro efficiency/clean energy intervenors that
legally and formally participated in the hearing.

Though we expect this kind of treatment from the nuclear industry, it causes
us great concern to see the misinformation, disinformation by omission,
spread onto and through the E-advocacy web page and beyond.

Here are the links to the pre hearing and post hearing statements of
intervenors Bob and Jan Krasowski.

1)
http://www.psc.state.fl.us/library/filings/08/00097-08/070650-ei,%20bob%20an
d%20jan%20krasowski,%20%20prehearing%20statement.doc

2)
http://www.psc.state.fl.us/library/filings/08/01227-08/posthearing%20brief%2
0turkey%20point.doc

The third link is to the complete list of filings in this docket. Anyone
interested in knowing  the true facts regarding this case can find them as a
matter of record on the web page of the Florida Public Service Commission.
You can't believe what is being written in the press.

3) http://www.psc.state.fl.us/dockets/cms/docketFilings2.aspx?docket=070650

The transcripts of the hearing are there as well, including our cross
examination of the witnesses, the only anti-nuclear cross examination of the
entire case.  The public testimony given by others concerned which is
entered into the case as heresay is also included in the transcripts.

We have experienced not only a news blockade from most of the traditional
media but have also been subjected to a lack of cooperation from traditional
environmental organizations that have been exaggerating their own
involvement and not helping us get the word out about our considerable
efforts.

If any of you are in a position to help get the word out we would appreciate
you assistance in breaking open what has become a news blackout.

Bob and Jan Krasowski

Naples, Florida

239-963-6285

In a message dated 3/7/2008 6:04:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,