AW: [ RadSafe ] Three Mile Island - Plutonium 239 - The Roy Process -

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Mon Mar 10 07:42:33 CDT 2008

Roger,

You do not mention to the editor of which paper, journal etc. this was sent.
Having been in 1988 for six weeks as a visiting scientist at ASU with my
unfortunately early deceased friend John McKlveen I feel embarrassed that
such a person like this Dr. Roy would have lectured there - it was not
mentioned in which capacity this Dr. Roy was working or visiting there.

Transmutation of radionuclides like Pu-239 are very well known since
probably decades. They would use accelerators (I do not know of photons) and
the input energy needed would amount to the output of several nuclear power
plants.

The video, the link of which was provided, I could watch, but not hear. It
reminded me to the old saying, "If you have no real arguments you have to
speak with your hands."

To decide whether there is a charlatan at work: I would define a charlatan
as somebody who knows very well that he is talking nonsense, persuading
others to give him money for cures, for eternal beauty and youth etc. I have
however the impression that quite a few people - especially from the green
side really believe what they talk about. Some come close to the diagnosis
of paranoia, but can anybody tell me the difference between paranoia and
deep belief?

I conclude, that this Dr. Roy and his "scientific work" would be an
excellent candidate to appear in the book yet to be written about "Hoax in
the Nuclear Sciences". If anybody on RADSAFE would write it, I definitely
and finally order right now a copy, no matter, how much it would cost.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.