[ RadSafe ] uranium smoke is a teratogen

ROY HERREN royherren2005 at yahoo.com
Sat May 24 14:43:43 CDT 2008

James,

    >anthrax vaccine:  both combat and non-combat cohorts were given mandatory vaccination.

    What does the above statement have to do at all with the civilian birth defect rate in Basra?  If the above statement is in regards to US combat and non-combat soldiers, what does it have to do with your presumed increase in birth defects due to uranium?  If in fact the anthrax vaccine were somehow responsible for an increase in birth defects, couldn't it's effects mask other causes of birth defects in relatively small population study groups?  The most recent article that I posted regarding birth defects spoke of studying millions of US births before establishing that premature birth was a cause of birth defects.  It is an unfortunate fact that often time that larger studies can lead to results that would otherwise be missed in smaller studies.  I suspect that may well be the case with the sand that has a low level of uranium.  The undoubtedly large quantity of sand/lead/uranium isn't a homogeneous mixture, in other words no one
 blends a whole mountain of this material into a uniform mixture before sampling.  If they had blended the sand there would have probable had been a dilution effect that may well have caused the lead and uranium content to be below levels of regulatory concern (this whole issue may have in fact had more to do with politics than regulations).  At any rate, just because they missed the uranium on the sampling doesn't mean that the uranium wasn't actually there all this time.

    See http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-05/uoo-ooc052308.php.  There is much we don't know, and despite your absolute certainty about the cause of birth defects the science in still in the process of being investigated.

>As for immunodeficiency, it's not explained by anything else, either.
>Same for cognitive defects.

    No explanation, and yet you know the answer?  Is it possible that you've already made up your mind to the cause and have all along been fishing for effects to fit your already concluded answer?  Is this the Scientific process?

    Open your mind to the possibility that the people with whom you are corresponding are being genuine and helpful.
 Roy Herren

What you have written is not true:  all other reasons have been eliminated.

anthrax vaccine:  both combat and non-combat cohorts were given
mandatory vaccination.

bad living conditions:  increases miscarriage rate, but not birth defect rate

poor nutrition:  results primarily in closure of the neural tube and
related birth defects, not the same broad spectrum of birth defects
which are produced by any genotoxin that accumulates in stem cells

As for immunodeficiency, it's not explained by anything else, either.

Same for cognitive defects.

James