[ RadSafe ] Tolerance doses

Bjorn Cedervall bcradsafers at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 25 00:01:44 CDT 2009

Hi Nils,

If I recall correctly you can find some of the recentl contexts in books like "Basic Clinical Radiobiology" (G. Steel, ed.).

There is probably also a historical context that relates to the era before the threshold idea for stochastic effects was questioned (I would put this at before 1950 - much inspired by the findings by H. Muller in 1927). I have some old references from the period 1898-1947 which I don't have available at this time of writing but may come back to the topic if I find anything relevant. Perhaps you should search for papers by L.S. Taylor in the late 1940:ies and search for indirect references there.

Lets hope that other Radsafers will make more comments to your question.

Bjorn (Cedervall)