AW: [ RadSafe ] Tolerance doses

Bjorn Cedervall bcradsafers at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 27 02:26:20 CDT 2009

Oops - tolerance dose is an old idea so that is a separate topic.

The TD as used in the clinical context is another topic and stands for therapeutic dose (I apologize for the corresponding remark in my previous mail).

I will probably come back to the old use of "tolerance dose" - didn't have time to check that during the weekend. The old use of "tolerance dose" may go back to the time before the year 1910 or so but began to be questioned in the 1930:ies. Questioning was probably not only because of Müller's observation on fruit flies but also because of low-doserate (but high total doses) observations relating to tissue damage (non-stochastic effects). I will not send any reference/publication in Swedish as the publications were in English (or possibly French) - I read this stuff in 1975 so please forgive me for not promptly remembering the details.

My personal comment only,

Bjorn Cedervall