[ RadSafe ] In-vivo Cs-137

Cindy Bloom radbloom at comcast.net
Fri Jan 23 11:21:46 CST 2009

Brian,

I haven't heard of unsealed Cs-137 being used purposefully as a medical
treatment (a very small amount of Cs-137 contamination might be on the
surface of a sealed source).  I wonder if Cs-137 might be a contaminant in
a radiopharmaceutical.

This site,
http://www.radiochemistry.org/nuclearmedicine/frames/medical_radioisotopes/,
states that Cs-137 is used in PET imaging.  Interesting.

Cindy