[ RadSafe ] risk from being overweight

Bernard L. Cohen blc+ at pitt.edu
Wed Jun 24 10:40:17 CDT 2009

The info from the Life Insurance industry is given in my paper

C    Catalog of Risks Extended and Updated, Health Phys. 61, 317-
335;1991

      (posted unabridged as item #4 on my web site www.phyast.pitt.edu/~blc)
    It gives the loss of life expectancy for people more than 15%
overweight as about
    30 days for each pound overweight