[ RadSafe ] Obama to name Reid ally as NRC chairman--"ACommissioner's Perspective on Nuclear Regulation"

HOWARD.LONG at comcast.net HOWARD.LONG at comcast.net
Fri May 15 23:13:36 CDT 2009

Self-managed care (Health Savings Accounts, HSAs) can prefund the ~$2,000 deductible,

reduce costs and improve quality (as judged by patients)

HSA compatible BC Calif. and Kaiser small business premiums in 2008 cost just 1/3 of the full coverage

negotiated by unions, who may have killed their golden-egg-laying goose.

About 6.5 M Americans now have these "Consumer -Directed Plans", not publicized

by the protection racket.

I am a family doctor who largely sees non-standard patients (everyone?) who happily pay me

$50 for 15 min. after receiving the "free" standard care (below), paid by govt at ER, HMO or Medicaid clinic.

Sen Phil Gramm couldn't predict (10 years ago) when Congress would wise up and promote HSA option,

(self-managed care), in Medicaid and Medicare.

Can my continued good health at 82 (I took care of 17 patients today) be

partly because I sit on thoriated welding rods, raising background radiation here

in SF Bay area to Denver level? Too bad the radiation around Palo Verdes was ~15 mR/hr

and around future disposal sites like Nevada's would be less than in hotel rooms - ~24 mR/hr.

Howard Long MD,

I meant that "socialized medicine" shouldn't mean free medical care with no reasonable trade off, such as the occasional NPP or waste site, which also provide a "social" benefit. In my opinion, if we want to share in social benefits, we should share in social risks, especially where those theoretical "risks" may, in fact, provide a net social benefit. Barbara ------Original Message------ From: Steven Dapra Sender: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl To: radsafe at radlab.nl Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Obama to name Reid ally as NRC chairman--"ACommissioner's Perspective on Nuclear Regulation" Sent: May 15, 2009 5:10 PM May 15 I meant that the anti-nuclear and anti-Yucca Mountain elements would never accept power reactors and YM in exchange for getting socialized medicine. Although . . . I'm not certain what you mean, Barbara, by a "productive way". Steven Dapra At 11:53 PM 5/15/09 +0000, blhamrick at aol.com wrote: >I think it would simply redefine socialized medicine in a productive way. > >My personal thoughts only. > >Barbara L. Hamrick, JD, CHP >------Original Message------ >From: Steven Dapra >Sender: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl >To: radsafe at radlab.nl >Subject: RE: [ RadSafe ] Obama to name Reid ally as NRC chairman >--"ACommissioner's Perspective on Nuclear Regulation" >Sent: May 15, 2009 4:26 PM > >Your idea would permanently derail socialized medicine. > >Steven Dapra > > >At 01:08 PM 5/15/09 -0400, McClung, Danny wrote: > >"If we ask for the public's approval on everything, what will we ever > >accomplish"? Danny McClung, 2009 > > > >Perhaps we could negotiate: free healthcare for the masses in return > >for new power plants and Yucca Mountain? > >[edit] _______________________________________________ You are currently subscribed to the RadSafe mailing list Before posting a message to RadSafe be sure to have read and understood the RadSafe rules. These can be found at: http://radlab.nl/radsafe/radsaferules.html For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe and other settings visit: http://radlab.nl/radsafe/ Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry