[ RadSafe ] XRF Exciter Source Am-241

gert.jonkers at shell.com gert.jonkers at shell.com
Fri Oct 16 10:10:56 CDT 2009

Dear RADsafers,

I am in the process of disposing an old subject source, and therefore in the need of a special form certificate for this (type of) source. Googling around (including RADsafe archives) was not very helpful, hope that someone of the list can help me out.

Source manufacturer: New England Nuclear (URL of their homepage [if any] migth be helpful, I am also not in the possession of their [e-]address and/or phonenumber)
Source data: NER 491 Mod 1 (read from backside), but our data base claims the source to be LEA 66
Text at back: XRF Exciter System
>From our data base I derive that this source has been manufactured at the seventies of the former century.

Kind regards,
Gert Jonkers (GSEA/4)
Shell Global Solutions International B.V.
  Shell Technology Centre, Amsterdam - the Netherlands
  P.O. Box 38000, 1030 BN  Amsterdam, the Netherlands
STCA Algemeen Coördinerend Stralingsdeskundige

tel. (+31 [0]20 630) 3424     fax (+31 [0]20 630) 2911
e-mail: Gert.Jonkers at Shell.com
intranet: http://sww.srtca.shell.com/monique/QMS_Uploads/1331_nl.pdf

Shell Global Solutions International B.V. has its statutory seat in The Hague and its registered office at Carel van Bylandtlaan 30, 2596 HR  The Hague, the Netherlands. It is registered with the Chamber of Commerce in the Netherlands under number 27155370.